Over the years I have accumulated a fair amount of sprinkles. I have circular sprinkles, hundreds and thousands (multi-coloured sprinkles), pink sprinkles, silver balls, white balls, chocolate sprinkles and diamond jellies to name but a few. Though it is always good to have a steady stock of sprinkles in my baking box, I thought it might be fun to have a bit of a clear out in the form of these Sprinkletastic Cookies.
I used my standard cookie recipe and threw in some of each type of sprinkle, and also chopped up some white chocolate to contribute to the texture and flavour element of the cookies. The results were as I had hoped: multicoloured cookies which also tasted great (my flatmate certainly seemed to think so!)
These would be perfect for parties aimed at both adults and children, or could even be taken into work to brighten up the office. Give them a try today!
- 200g Butter
- 300g Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 200g Plain Flour
- 200g White Chocolate
- Assortment Of Sprinkles
- Set the oven to 200C/180C fan and line two baking trays with baking parchment.
- Put the butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Beat in the egg until smooth, then stir in the flour to form a cookie dough.
- Chop the white chocolate into small chunks, then add to the dough.
- Add 2/3 of the sprinkles you want to use to the cookies, then stir well to ensure that the sprinkles and white chocolate are well distributed within the dough.
- Use a tablespoon to place spoonfuls of the dough onto the baking trays, leaving a good few centimetres between each one.
- Bake in the oven for 17-20 minutes or until they start to turn golden. Two minutes before the end of the baking time, sprinkle over the remaining sprinkles (push them into the cookies slightly to help them stay put), then return to the oven for the last couple of minutes.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
This month's We Should Cocoa challenge, run by Choclette at Chocolate Log Blog, is hosted by Rebecca at BakeNQuilt. This month we have to bake cookies (and of course they have to contain chocolate) so these Sprinkletastic Cookies are my entry.
This month I also discovered a challenge called The Biscuit Barrel Challenge, which is hosted by Laura at I'd Much Rather Bake Than... This month's challenge is celebration biscuits, and what could be more celebratory than cookies with sprinkles in them?!
These look so fun! Thank you for sharing them with the Biscuit Barrel challenge =) I'm not surprised in the slightest that your flatmate enjoyed themReplyDelete
Very festive! I have several jars with smidgens of sprinkles in the bottom myself. Thanks for playing along with We Should Cocoa this month.ReplyDelete
Oh yes, these are true party biscuits Janine - just need the music and flashing lights. Thanks for entering them into We Should Cocoa.ReplyDelete