These Peanut Butter & M&M cookies are super quick and easy to make. They have a very short preparation time and only take 10-15 minutes in the oven. Therefore, if you think about it, these can go from Cake Of The Week to your belly in about 30 minutes flat, if you're salivating too much to wait for them to cool down.
I wanted to make these because I was analysing peanuts at work this week (I work in a lab where we analyse food for its nutritional content), and the smell made me really want some peanuts for eating. My mind then married peanuts together with M&Ms (but not the peanut ones, oddly), and these cookies were born.
As it happens, I actually didn't end up putting solid peanuts in these cookies, but you totally could. It would just be a case of pouring your peanuts straight from the packet into the cookie dough and stirring.
You definitely should try these cookies. They are delicious and can go from your screen to your belly in 30 minutes - what is stopping you?!
- 100g Butter
- 150g Peanut Butter
- 250g Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 200g Plain Flour
- 150g M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan and line two baking trays with baking parchment.
- Place the butter, peanut butter and caster sugar in a mixing bowl and beat together until well combined.
- Beat in the egg.
- Add the flour and beat in until well combined.
- Add half the M&Ms and stir until they are evenly spread throughout the dough.
- Use a tablespoon to dole out the dough, leaving about 1 inch (2.5cm) between each piece.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the cookies are golden and almost set.
- Quickly place the remaining M&Ms on top of the cookies while they are still hot, pushing them in a bit so that they don't fall off. I put about 5 on each cookie.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and allow to cool before storing.