What types of alcohol does October bring to mind? Well, my favourite cider, Brothers Toffee Apple, comes into its own at this time of year, but that's an awfully specific brand. Instead, I thought I'd lean toward Oktoberfest and set this month's challenge as beer.
I've never been to Oktoberfest, but I have been to Munich, where it's held. Munich's a great city and houses the Deutsches Museum, which has areas devoted to many areas of science, including a room full of real aeroplanes and Foucault's pendulum, which was used to prove that the Earth rotates. Definitely worth a visit if you're in Germany.
Beer is used in chocolate cake and beer bread, amongst other things - I used Guinness to make some cupcakes back in March, for instance. Of course, you shouldn't let convention rule your baking: do some experimentation! You'll more than likely invent something completely delicious.
- Bake or cook something food-related containing the specified type of alcohol* of the month.
- Write a post about it on your blog and link back to my blog, Cake Of The Week, and mention Baking With Spirit.
- Email the link to me at email@example.com and include your name, your blog and the photo you want me to use in the round-up. If you tweet me @CakeOfTheWeek and/or use #bakingwithspirit I will endeavour to retweet!
- The deadline is midnight on the 28th of the month.
- I will post a round up within the following day or two.
- A new challenge will be posted on the 1st of the month.
If you want to see the round-up for September's challenge (rum), you can find it here.